Saturday, June 24, 2006

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!






Wow, what a great day. We went to Cedar Falls early this morning to see the Sturgis Falls parade. We met my mom and grandma downtown. The kids were less than impressed by the parade, but they entertained themselves! Then we drove north to Waverly to have a picnic at the park. Mom brought a delicious lunch! Actually, Tom brought it! By the way, Tom makes GREAT potato salad! Anyway, the kids played for a while there. The girls were tormenting some poor bird that couldn't fly. I think they followed it around for 30 minutes. We were convinced they were going to give it a heart attack!!! After lunch we headed back to Cedar Falls and met my dad at Great Grandma Carney's. Aunt Joan and Uncle David were there as well. It ages me to see their kids!!!! Claire is already 8! It is hard to believe she was once so small and we didn't think she would live!!!!! The kids played airplane. They were packing parachutes and lots of salt. That would make sense if you were there. The kids were hilarious!! We had more fun just listening to their conversation than making our own. It was a landmark visit. I let the kids play outside alone!!!! normally I make them sit in with us, but I let go. I know my kids will grow up, but I am trying my hardest to stop it!!! After we left we decided to go home. We wanted to go downtown to have a funnel cake for Joe, but Gerrick wasn't feeling well. When we got home the kids had dinner and watched Nanny McPhee. They really liked it. I even found myself enjoying it!! I don't like things with magic, but the tricks she did could also be done by any great mom!
I am going to get off now to do the dishes. Tonight I have a date with Gerrick and Saturday Night Live! Tuesday will be our 7 year anniversary! Crazy stuff!!!!!

No comments: