Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday at last


WOW, What a great weekend. We really did a lot!
Saturday we took the long trip to see Gerrick's Grandma. She had fallen and broken her pelvis. When we got there she was sleeping. We tried to wake her, but she was really out. I think Gerrick really thought she was just out of it all together and was very upset. But I saw a huge smile on her face when she saw the kids. We decided to leave and let her sleep for a while. Gerrick's Mom only lives about 20 minutes from there, so we called her and planned to meet. When she got there we tried Grandma again. This time she woke up and was excited to see the kids. She had never met Reagan, and was impressed!!! With her pelvis broke she was only able to lay in one position---facing the wall. This made it difficult to visit, but we worked with it. We lifted the kids over the bed so they could kiss her and say hi. They really love their Great Grandma! Gerrick was impressed by how well she is doing, and encouraged to still hear her laugh! We really had a nice visit.
Afterward we went to the Big Chief for ice cream. It was pretty bad! I didn't think you could mess up a hot fudge malt, but they did. Anyway, then we took the kids to the park and played. They had been pent up in the van all day, and it was getting to....me!!!
Then we headed to Z's for pizza. After working there for 11 years, the food is a necessity in my bloodstream. My cousin Sherry was there with her 3 kids. Then her dad and Mom came in and walked right past me. I was a little offended. I do see my family every once in a while, and I would think my family is pretty recognizable. Then my other Uncle Tom came in and did the same thing. I guess I just blend in to the background...with my 5 kids!

Sunday we did a bunch of running after church. Trying to get stocked up for when Gerrick left town again. I really hate him leaving now. I just start to get used to him being here, and he leaves! Then, we went to the pool. Reagan really didn't like the water at first. But, we got her to sit and play for awhile. Then, Keghan got cold. The girl is always cold. I told her to eat a steak and maybe she could keep herself warm! Gerrick and I were obviously warm enough!
Today was the girls last day of school, finally! They had 1/2 day. Keghan cried, and Shaelynn was also sad. I have vented about our kindergarten system before, but it is ridiculous. They send them to one school for kindergarten, then split them all up for the rest of their schooling. They don't even try to get kids in the same class that will be going to the same school. When Keghan went to first grade she only had 2 people in her class that she actually knew, and she didn't even really know themIt really sucks that the street we live on is the cut-off. Our side goes to one school and the kids across the street go to another. It is very annoying! But anyway, they have the whole summer to not think about that.
We went to the pool again tonight. We were the only ones in the shallow end. It was GREAT!!! Reagan go to play without being splashed and Keghan went on the slide as many times as she wanted!!!
Well, I am going to try to get some sleep. I haven't been feeling that great. Major stress headaches and I am very tired!!!
Hope all have a great day tomorrow!

No comments: