Last night Gerrick and I were discussing more children. What is wrong with us? We are already thinking more?!?!?! I have had my tubes tied, and don't want to ever be pregnant again. He said he would like to adopt children with disabilities from other countries. I agree that there is definitely a need for homes for them. So, as soon as we are ready, we will begin the process for that. It probably won't be until Reagan is in school, though. I would hate to spread the family too thin while they are still young! A baby, or small child, with disabilities will be a big responsibility. But, what a wonderful challenge! This is years away, though, and who knows, maybe once we are diaper free we will decide we like that.

Some of you know that I was involved in a trip to Africa this summer. Unfortunately I will not be able to go. Gerricks new job is not really giving him that much vacation time for me to leave. The other mountain was the finacial aspect. The trip is full and I know they will do great things. I am not discouraged for future trips, I really feel God calling me to Africa. I will pray, along with the kids, for the team. We will also go to the airport when the leave and return. We have done this for a few other missions trips from our church, and the kids like to see who we are praying for. They are relieved I am not going, but understand why I wanted to. I really can't wait to go, and I know God has a time and place prepared for me. I will continue to be very involved in our missions trips from our church, and keep my eyes and heart open for my next opportunity.
Well, time to get dinner going. The kids never seem to stop eating!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment