Wednesday, July 12, 2006

BAKING COOKIES







Well, for once God didn't laugh at my plans! We went swimming AND baked cookies. We really had a great day. The kids played at the pool for over 2 hours. They were able to play in the sand and the water, so that kept them very busy! Reagan finally got tired, so we left. That pool is going to be my home away from home the next week. It looks like it will be hot and dry!
The kids liked baking cookies again. It has been a while. A few years back my wonderful Grandma told my children that cookies don't come out of a tube ready to bake. So, I learned to bake. Thank you Grandma, it is FUN!! The last time I baked cookies before I had kids was quite dissasterous. It was with my step-dad. We used cloves instead of cream of tartar. Needless to say, they were horrible. I have improved my baking skills since then. I tried a new recipe today. Carrot Cake Cookies. They are GREAT!!! Gerrick thinks they are the best cookies I have ever made. That is high praise from him!
We had a quick supper tonight, and it was Reagan's first meal after I took away her baby food. I realized the other day that she is almost 1 and still eating baby food. Shameless!!! I usually have my kids feeding themselves with a spoon by now. Oh well, she is my last after all! So, she is on her own. I will no longer allow Gerber to chew her food for her.
Keghan just interrupted my to tell me she feel dizzy and puke!! GRAND. So, I am off to hold hair in front of the porcelain god!

No comments: