Last night in the waiting room I learned a lot about people. There were TONS of people there. At first I thought they were all low rent, maybe even drug seekers. I immediately stopped thinking like that and decided to pray for the people that were there. As I did this a very critical patient was brought in by ambulance. The lady that was sitting by the door let out a loud, "F***K!". I thought she might have know the person, but no. She continued with this disregard for others. She turned to the man next to her and said, " That is the 5th person to come in and get in before me!". I was appalled! How can someone think like this? But I just continued to pray for the people that were brought in, and the time passed much quicker. In the hospital that night there were 2 arrests. One man was intibated and the Dr. was pretty much calling around to see about organ donation. That hit me hard! To think that the problems of the people in the waiting room, i.e., burns, colds, bad livers, were even close to the problems of this family that is now facing the death of a loved one! It made me very glad that Dax's fever was coming down because of the sipository, even if that meant he was driving me crazy asking to go home!
That said, he was the cutest boy there!
When the triage nurse asked us what was wrong I told her he has a fever and puked on my bed. Dax looked up at me through his haze of a 103.2 fever and said, "Forry I puked on your bed, Mommy!" I just hugged him real tight and told him he could puke on my bed whenever he wanted!!! He is the most polite kid I have. He was thanking the nurses for the sipository, the blood draw, and of course the popsicle. There was also a pregnant nurse. She was carrying her 4th boy! They had decided to name him DAX!! That was my night, forry if it was boring! I will get some updated pics soon. Love to all!!!
2 comments:
Doesn't sound very boring...
Man, That is why I am growing to like small town life. You have to call and wake up the DR. at that time at night. And yes Meg I do read your blog. I don't know how you do it? We are beat with just 3. Great fam guys. Miss you all.
love Adam.
Post a Comment