Today I have to go back to Coralville to have a one-on-one meeting with my boss. I am not sure why, but now we all have one once a month. He says it is so he can know what is on our minds and address any problems. I told him that it is silly for me to come because if I have a problem I tell him right away. I am too old to suffer through crap in a job that pays me $3.09!!! I am going to get a chance, however, to ask him what happened to my raise. About a month ago I was promised a $.50 raise, and have yet to see it. Gerrick gets frustrated that I haven't said anything yet, but I (as most women) have trouble discussing money. It is a real downfall of my gender!! But today I will be blunt and ask for the raise. I deserve it, and I know that!!!
Last night at Melanie's was a blast. We had been doing this every Friday for a while. I started to think that I was keeping her from going out. So, last week I opted to just go home. She, apparently was upset. She told me that she looks forward to just sitting at home and chilling with me on Friday. We do have a good time. I am getting too old for the bar scene, but still like to hang out with her. She is a great person, and that is sometimes over looked because she can be blunt at times. We have great times discussing life. She is a single person with plenty of fun!! The things that I miss about being single (like the toilet seat down, and watching whatever I want on T.V., and only 3 loads of laundry a week instead of a day) are much less in number than the things she longs for when she is married with children. I am really blessed to have such a great family, and she will have it as well someday. She has the great opportunity to go to Med school. She just graduated this last semester with her Bio-Chem degree from Iowa, and is applying for med school now. She sees it as selfish, I see it as setting up a great life BEFORE you have the kids. What a novel idea! I would never change my life, but it would have been easier to wait five years! But, the joy comes from the struggle, right? If that is true, and I believe it is, I am overflowing with joy!
Sorry for the long rambling!

The kids are getting bathed for their concert tonight. I will definitely take some pics to post. Outside concerts are so much fun! The girls have been great the last 2 nights for their dad, so I think I am going to get them one more thing for their room tomorrow. I am probably caving in, but I really want the room done!
Have a great day, and remember to be thankful for what you have!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment