Thursday, July 27, 2006

I REALLY HATE THIS SITE

I am not sure if it is just me, but I am having a heck of a time getting pictures to load. I have tried at least 10 times and only loaded 2 pictures, then I started typing and they disappeared! To say the least, my blood was boiling!!
We had a great day yesterday. We got up early and all got bathed to go to the Iowa Children's Museum. We ate lunch at home, to save money, and then we napped (well, they napped) on the way there. We got there about noon. The kids went into the "store" area first. They had fun pushing the carts and picking out the food they would like. While they were in there a little girl took a big dump on the floor. It was quite funny!! Her mom acted like it was nothing. After that we went into the "hospital" area. I have to say this was my favorite. There was an ambulance with a running video of what a paramedic does. It also had a video of the road so the kids could pretend to drive. Braydon enjoyed driving. The back of the ambulance opened up into an exam room. It was complete with a closet of crutches and canes for the kids. They were the perfect size!! Keghan took Reagan up on the exam table and gave her a complete check up. Watch out Dr. Mersch, she was a lot cheaper! Then there was a baby nursery with 3 hospital baby bassinets. There was a running interactive video of how to diaper, bathe, and other baby things. This, of course, was Keghan's favorite! She rapped the anatomically correct babies and showed the other kids how to swaddle. In the next part was a dentist chair. This is where Jordan shined. He sat Braydon down in the chair and gave him a check up. There were model teeth to practice brushing and books (as in every room) about teeth care and dentistry. The last part of the hospital was an X-ray room. There was the area for the tech. and the patient. After they took the X-rays they could put them up on the lighted wall to see the results. Very exciting. Of course, it wasn't real X-rays, there is the small problem of radiation exposure!! There was also an entire wall of the human body and it's parts that the kids can label. Fun times. Then we went into the "pizzeria". The kids got to create their own plastic pizza and figure out how much it would cost by the price sheet on the wall. Then, I gave them money and they figured out the change. It was fun. Shaelynn really liked making the pizza and they were all great at the math. The next thing we did was the art center. I was less than impressed with this. It could have been fun, but there was no one in there to lead the kids. So, if you have a baby, which I do, then you have to let the kids explore it on their own. Everything was in labeled bins and hard to reach. So, they had some glue, crayons, stamps and puff balls. Pretty much the same stuff we have here. So, I get them out as quickly as possible. On to the balls and ramps. As I predicted, the boys loved it and the girls were bored!! Keghan liked to load the balls on one ramp and see how many would make it through, and Shae played with the train set. But the boys were in heaven. There was a roller coaster for golf balls They climbed to the top of a big ladder and let the balls go! If they made it to the end they won. They tried so hard. Most of the time they would fly into the middle of the room. Not the safest place for a baby!! While they were playing in the balls and ramps there was an announcement that they were going to have a special musician in the theater. So we raced over to enjoy him. When we got there there was a giant circle of wonderful hide drums. I sat Shae and Jordan down on some and got shakers and castanets for the rest. Finally something Reagan was enjoying!! She was rocking in her stroller. Then they all started complaining that it was too loud with everyone banging on the drums. So, we left. We went on to the "construction zone". In there the kids put on hard hats, safety goggles, and aprons and went to work building a house. There was a pre made frame and lots of boards and pipes to finish the job. The girls dove right in and worked together to build a wall. It took some finesse because the bolts didn't quite fit. They got the job done, and Jordan was a great supervisor! Then we went to the sand room. When we got there there was a group of Korean tourist. They were asking the kids questions and taking their pictures. It was interesting to say the least. Then they left and the kids had fun playing in the sand that has wax in it to mold it. The last exhibit we went to was the farm. The kids dressed as animals, planted crops and sold them at a stand. They had fun navigating the hill and slides that were in there. Finally, we left. I was ready and so was Reagan. ALL the kids fell asleep on the way home. After a quick dinner we left again. Half of us to the ball park, half of us to the church. I took Shaelynn and Dax to the church for Shae's kindergarten party. They did games and had a snack. She was very crabby and whinny. She has had a rough time with Jordan here. Jordan and Keghan have really been excluding Shae. She tries, but they change the rules to make her out, or just walk away. Usually Keghan is good about playing with her, but not this week. I feel really bad for Shae, but yelling at them will just make it worse. So, I try to redirect play and include her, but it isn't easy. Her feelings get hurt! Anyway, the rest of the fam went to the ball park to start watching a double header. We were rained out the night before, so we got an extra treat. After Shae's party we met all up together again. We had popcorn, nachos and lemonade. Gerrick took Dax, Braydon and Reagan home around 9 and the rest of us stayed until 10:10!!! The kids went to bed easy!!!
This morning we just sat around and played outside. I don't think Jordan is used to our lazy mornings. But, if we want to do anything we have to let the little kids rest. We always have to have a rest period, or everything else is a no-go!!!
I have to work tonight, and tomorrow we take Jordan home. I think I am ready! He has been good, but just one more kid in the equation opens up a lot more potential arguments. Especially when it seems like it is 2 on 3!!
We are off to the pool one more time. Hopefully I will remember my camera this time. Then maybe the site will work and I can post them!!!

P.S. I tried again, no luck with the pictures. VERY MAD!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»