Today was great. The kids and I went to the pool after rest time and had a good time. It was just cool enough to keep the paying people away. Just us pass folks and a little sun. There was a gal there from my church and it was nice to chat with her. Then I kinda lost track of Dax and Keghan had to pull him out of the water. I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened, but I think he was just doing his surface dives and it freaked her out. It freaked me out at first as well. He stays under water for a long time and his arms and legs go everywhere in an attempt to swim. It looks like he is drowning, but it is just him being a nerd. At any rate, I lost track of him and felt bad!
After the pool we went home and cleaned up. We quickly got ready and headed out to the Farmer's Market. We hadn't been all year and I really wanted to go. It is only open for 2 hours so we had to boogie! I bought some pumpkin and banana bread, zucchini, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and some blackberries. The kids also got some cookies to eat on the way home. They ate the blackberries on ice cream for dessert tonight. They LOVED it!
Tonight was another night from HELL when it came to bed time. I have no idea how to get the girls to bed. I have tried staggering their bed times, but I would have to put one to bed at 7 for the other one to be able to go in at 8!! Not that I am opposed to having them out at 7 instead of 8, but it just doesn't seem doable. I am real tired of fighting and fighting at bed time. I have tried ignoring them, but then they stay up until 10 and I can't get the baby to sleep. Or, they fight and bring it out to me anyway. MOM---how did you get Sarah and me to shut-up and go to sleep? I remember talking in bed, but I would never had gotten up and started playing toys or creating a water play area in the bathroom! Is is just a fear thing? I thought I was scary, but maybe not scary enough! Anyway, they are asleep now, I think! Reagan is still up, but I will put her down soon. I quit nursing her during the day. Now I just nurse her at night. She likes it, and she sleeps well. Although, last night she slept with me until 5 a.m. She is also done with bottles. I finally found a sippy cup she would take, so no more bottles. She is fine and doesn't even seem to miss them.
Tomorrow I have to head back to work. I had a long talk with my boss yesterday and I think that Fridays will be better from now on. I told him how and why things suck and told him what to do to fix it. He was really in the dark that everyone was upset, apparently the supervisor he had on wasn't telling him anything. So, maybe my job won't completely suck now!!!
Have a great night, I hope for some thunder!!!
P.S. I HAD SOME GREAT PICTURES TO PUT ON, BUT THE SITE WILL NOT LOAD THEM---AGAIN!!! SO, I WILL TRY TOMORROW!
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think I threatened you and Sarah with your lives! Just kidding. Maybe you should get Keghan some headphones - would she fall asleep listening to music and not being able to hear Shae? Just a thought...
Great idea....you are so smart! I will try that Sunday when they get home!!!
Post a Comment