Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hello, just time for a quick post.
The kids have been anxiously preparing for our weekend trip to Des. Moines. We are staying in the Sheraton there. They want to swim and get room-service. I am not too keen on the reoom-service, seeing how I deliver it 2 nights a week. But, they watch "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody" on the Disney channel and think that room-service is about the coolest thing on earth!!! So, if it makes them happy why not? Then they will be attending a special banquet for children. I am not sure what all is planned for them, but I am sure they will LOVE it!! While they are there we will be at a dinner for grown ups!! I am pretty excited about that. Gerrick and I are planning on getting up and out early the next morning to take the kids to the butterfly gardens if they are still open in the fall. If not we will find something fun to do. We have no real reason to hurry home, so we will spend the day. The kids are jacked and I am a little, too!!! I will take lots of pictures. It should be real fun.
Braydon blew me away the other day when he started to "read". He knows all his letters and has begun to ask what things spell by reading off the letters, now he has picked up enough memorized words to appear to be smart. He has even began memorizing the definitions to words that he didn't previous know. So, in the store the other day he asked me what "e-x-i-t-" spelled. I told him, then he wanted to know what it meant. I said, "it's a place to leave through." Then he immediately replied, "E-X-I-T, exit, a place to leave through." I thought it was cute, until that night at the dinner table he told his dad the same thing. It was so Rainman!!! Now he has continued the pattern with other words. He know how to read a few lines of his Spider Man books, and reads the street signs. He is so smart.
Now I have bragged on my kids, time to go put them to bed!!! Have a great weekend. Joe, I will be praying for safe travel for you, and have FUN!!! Love to all.

2 comments:

Vonice said...

What are you attending? Something through church or Gerrick's job? Sounds like a good weekend to go.

Our Simple Life said...

Gerrick's work....awards banquet. He is up for rookie salesman of the year!!! It is the first one we have attended with childcare, I am EXCITED!! I even got out of a home-game weekend to go---even though there are to be no requests off on home-game weekends and I asked 2 weeks ago!! My boss loves me!