Monday, October 16, 2006

We are now cat owners

Yes, you read right. Gerrick and I got a cat. I know what you are thinking, I hate cats. I do, in fact, hate cats. But, my children wanted a pet and I know we don't have time for a dog. They need a lot more attention and care and we have very little time. So, we settled for a cat. My allergies are going to take a while to get used to it, but hopefully it doesn't take too long!! Her name is Inez. We rescued her from the humane society. There was a Siamese that we really wanted, but she was already in the adoption process. For those of you thinking about getting pets, go to the humane society. They are all such beautiful animals, and they need a home. Enough commentary!!
Here are some pictures of our new cat. And, yes, she is sticking her tongue out. I think she might have know Amos in a different life. (Some of you won't get that, it's OK!) She is really a good cat. She likes to hide from the kids, but to tell you the truth so would I if they couldn't get me!!! Inez already has been spayed, and can use a litter box without training. We think she is the perfect pet for us!!
Nothing else really going on. We had our Bible study tonight, so I didn't work. The girls were home from school today because it was a half day and I couldn't leave school to get them at noon. So, they spent the day with the neighbor lady. She is such a Godsend!!!
Time to go sit with my hubby and watch the last 10 minutes of the football game. I am such a good wife! Have a good week.

5 comments:

Joe Carney said...

I'll do a lot for Lauren...but getting a cat is not one of them...

Anonymous said...

wow i guess you don't want me to come visit you guys anymore..i can take a hint... *sniff sniff* ( thats me crying)
but seriously thats a cute cat. :)

Big Hawkeye Fans! said...

The comment about Amos made Adam laugh! Cute cat!

Vonice said...

You and the cat look related in the top picture! When are you getting gerbils?!?

Our Simple Life said...

This is to skirt any ideas of gerbils, hamsters, rats, or mice. The dog thing would be better, but I can't see getting one just to put it in a kennel all day! The cat will sufice, and I am actually liking the little thing!!!