Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Well I finally have a moment to blog. We have had a fun couple of weeks. Reagan required a trip to the E.R. last Monday. Of course it was a full moon so we waited a while. She started to feel a little warm after dinner and within 1.5 hours she had a fever of 104+. We (read I) took her up and spent 3 hours sitting in a waiting room with a stay-at-home mom who obviously didn't get enough attention from her husband. She didn't shut-up!!! I didn't want to be rude but I wasn't interested in her child's hair or the fact that she just got a new job. I was a little preoccupied with MY sick child. After being taken back to see the doctor they informed me that her heart rate was up over 200bpm. That was probably from the fever, but it freaked me out. At that time it was after 9 and they decided to put on a monitor on her toe to recheck. Someone in the next room might have thought they were doing a spinal tap from all the screaming!!! She didn't quit either. She screamed for over 30 minutes. Then she went to sleep. Her fever, with the help of Tylenol and Advil, was down to 100 and her heart rate was closer to normal. In the end she received an antibiotic for ear infection and told to rest. Next time I am waiting till the morning when I can see my doctor. That was a lot of crap for a little ear infection!!!
The rest of the week has been pretty normal. We had conferences at the girls school. They are both doing really well. Keghan is excelling in her math and science, which makes her mom extremely happy. Shaelynn is really doing well in everything. She is the youngest 1st grader there, but you would never guess by her grades!! I was very proud of both of them. Their teachers were really braggadocious about them!!
Keghan had her 2nd grade concert last night. She was sooooo good! They really sang some cute songs and did a great job dancing. We got there early so I could get some great video. I will try to load that tomorrow. They are working on the concept of community and the songs were a reflection of the curriculum they are working on in the class rooms. One of the songs was written in the 50's for a song contest in Cedar Rapids and won. It was cute to see her up there singing about the town that has really become our "home". I haven't really thought of it as that, but to our kids it really is. They hardly remember Cedar Falls!
Well time to get the kids ready for church. Tonight is my ladies Bible study and I am really glad. I need some time alone with women!!!

No comments: