






Hello all.
I wanted to post quickly about Gerrick's Grandma Stotser's funeral. It was a great weekend. Everyone there really tried hard to make it a celebration of life, which is what Grandma wanted. We had a great time. It was so nice to see the family. I really thought that the passing of his grandma would mark the end of the close family, but what I saw was the opposite. Everyone was making efforts to get e-mail addresses and planning to get together soon. The one thing I learned this weekend was that no matter what has happened in a family, there is NOTHING that should keep you from each other. There is really nothing that could happen that would make family un-needed!!! It saddens me to think that in my family there are people I have not seen in YEARS!!!
The kids had fun as well. They love hotels and farms and they got plenty of both last weekend!!! Gerrick's cousin Jim bought the farm and opened his house to everyone all weekend. The kids went mushroom hunting and "searching" in the timber. Keghan got a chance to drive the "tractor" around the yard. Here's some video of that.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zQIFUbesLU It was great for the kids, and great for us!!!
Thank you to Joe, Sarah, BJ, Mom and Tom for taking the kids on Sunday, they had fun!! The pictures are great, I assume Sarah took them because she's not in them!!! It was nice for Gerrick to see Grandma without the kids at first. I can't tell you how much we appreciate it. And a special thanks to Mom for driving the clan all the way to Iowa Falls, I really appreciate it.
Well, we are off to Chicago Friday, so I'll have some pics from that soon!!!
1 comment:
Glad some of them turned out. I told Mom you'd have to delete the ones you didn't want. It was so sunny it was hard to see what I was taking a picture of!
But it was a good time, sorry you guys had to rush off. Glad to hear all went well and the family is keeping in touch. Hope you have a great trip this weekend!
~ Sarah
Post a Comment