



There's no crying in Baseball....GET UP!Hello. I am home from Chicago, and kinda happy about that. I really missed the kids! I had FUN, though. Sarah and I left Saturday morning at 6 a.m. I had gotten to sleep around 5 that morning because I was sleeping on her couch and her roommate and I were up talking and watching t.v. all night......curse you Phil!!! So, I slept most of the way there. We made good time and got to our hotel around 10 or so.
We drove around looking for a train depot and found one with help from some Iowa alumni! Thank God for nice people.
The game was a riot, literally.
There was a "bad" call on third and the cups came raining down! We had a good time yelling at the ref and bonding with fellow drunk fans.
Wrigley is the greatest place on Earth!!!
We drove around looking for a train depot and found one with help from some Iowa alumni! Thank God for nice people.
The game was a riot, literally.
There was a "bad" call on third and the cups came raining down! We had a good time yelling at the ref and bonding with fellow drunk fans.
Wrigley is the greatest place on Earth!!!After the game we headed back to the hotel for a nap, and FOOD!! We went out on the town that night for a while, but neither of us knew where the bars are in Chicago so we just roamed the streets downtown in the shopping district for a while. I really didn't need to go downtown, but Sarah had never been to Chicago and REALLY wanted to go.
Sunday morning we drove to the outlet mall and did some shopping. I am kicking myself for sticking to my budget and not buying the great dress that was on sale for $15 that looked great on me and did I mention that it was on sale!?!?!?!? Oh well, I did good. I bought shoes, though. They are the best shoes ever and I haven't taken them off yet!
I got home just in time for supper Sunday night. The kids ran out to meet me, and for the first time in a while, I was REALLY excited to see them and didn't mind the fact that I was about to wet myself, I hugged and kissed them all first!!! I am so rejuvenated! It is amazing what a weekend can do!
4 comments:
your pics are good. did you guys have good seats?? how and the heck did you score tickets? we tried forever online and had no luck!
BAD SAETS, GREAT camera. I could zoom in on their #s from way behind left field. Check "share tickets" on the computer. People with season tickets sell one game for like $50 a ticket....expensive, but worth it!
i'll have to check that out. just on the cubs website??
no, i think it is an independant web site. not sure
Post a Comment