Sunday, August 12, 2007

This ones for you, Dad

Ok, I know it has been quite a while since my last post. Like I said, without the pics I feel like I am boring everyone who reads this.
We have really had a great summer. We did the Adventure Land thing. It was great. Braydon did the Silly Silo thing twice and puked, fun times, fun times. We took Reagan on the scary underground roller coaster. I thought she was going to loose it, but she was fine!!!
We, of course, have been at the pool everyday. It is sad when the kids are sick of the pool. I know that I love it more than they do!! I am tan and lazy, but that's what you do in the summer, right?
We also have been back to the Waverly Theater to see Grandpa and Grandma Stotser. The kids have seen Underdog, Rattatuios, and hoping to see one more before the end of summer. I just can't get enough popcorn and soda!!!
Just yesterday we took the kids to the water park in Cedar Falls. They had a blast. There are several play areas for the little kids. I left Gerrick with the babies and took the two oldest on the slides. At first only Keghan went, then she talked Shae into coming. We had a blast! The first time we went down the slide without a tube I lost my top. It was embarrassing, but I lived! The lovely lifeguard pointed it out, but I thought it was just one, but no, he let me know the other one was still sunning its self!!! Oh well, I lived, he lived, we all made it through ok! Then we went to Z's for dinner.
Unfortunately, we have also been to two funerals this summer. Gerrick lost both of his Grandmas this year. Grandma Stotser died in April and Grandma Hahn passed last week. They both had long lives, and it was sad to see them go, but we know they are happy where they are and we will see them again someday. The upside of the funerals was the time we got to spend with Uncle Sean and Aunt Jodi. It was really nice for the kids to be able to rebuild a relationship and then see them almost every other month! They really have a close bond now, and that is great for us to see.
Well, time to get laundry in. I need towels for the pool tomorrow!!!
Have a great week, I will try to keep this up for those who actually want to read and not just see pics!!!

No comments: