Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Three Months Later.......

Well, has it really been almost three months since my last post?!?
We are all doing well. We celebrated three birthdays since December! Dax is now 4, Keghan 9, and Braydon is 6!!! Keghan got to have her first all-nighter! What an eye-opener that was. Nine-year-olds seem to know a lot more about the world today then when I was nine. It was nice, though, we now know who's house Keghan is NOT allowed to go to. One girl said, and I quote, "he is so hot, I could take him under the covers and give him a little something something". I'm not sure I even know what that means! Keghan was very worried that her party was going to be boring, but, in my opinion, she went a little too far in assuring it's excitement. A trip to the E.R. was a BIT much. She came up to me after dinner and said she couldn't breath and her throat was closing up! Of course I have seen every worse-case-scenario on all the medical shows and immediately got her in the car, neither of us with shoes, and in the E.R. She was treated immediately and perked back up quickly. I think it was a reaction to the hairspray-type hair dye that they were using. We had windows open, but I think it wasn't enough. The doctor wanted to keep her for several hours, as it is standard procedure, but I wanted her at home with her friends, so I refused. Her blood oxygen levels were 99 and 100 for a while, and I could just tell she looked better. So, then he said he wanted to give her benadryll, I knew that would knock her out, and the girls were attempting to beat the school record of staying up all night......, so again, I refused. He did give her steroids, which helped her stay up, and an inhaler and a prescription for an epi pen to carry with her. Scary stuff, just happy we lived so close to the hospital and she recovered so quickly. They did manage to stay up til 3:30, and were back up at 9. I think they all had fun, and like I said, we learned a lot!!!
We have also been very busy now that Mom's back in school. It is soooooo nice to not have to work, though! I never realized how much these kids really needed me home. It had really blessed us in many ways. Gerrick is able to get work done in the morning, because I am not still sleeping, and the kids get to see me in the morning and night. I am really saving a lot in the grocery budget, and even sending the kids t0 school with cold lunches. Gerrick's business is up over 200% and seems to be a lot less stressed! It's amazing what God can do when you do what He wants you to!!!
Well, I gotta go, Reagan wants me to read her a book....she doesn't give up! I am on Spring Break, and she LOVES it! She has taken to calling her dad "stinky poop monster" and I am just MOM! It's nice to be the chosen one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you made the right decision in not working. The blessings certainly outweigh the money. I think I told you that once.....just won't say I told you so.
Mom