Monday, August 04, 2008

Sad News

I just wanted to quickly let everyone know that our neighbor Bob has passed away. Some of you have met him, and most of you have met his lovely wife Shirley. They are like family to us. Bob will be greatly missed. The kids are having a tough time with this one. I think it is even tougher than when they loss their great-grandmas last year. With the great-grandmas it was more of a distant relationship that mattered, but wasn't a constant. With Bob's passing it will be a daily reminder. The kids liked to go visit with him, and always enjoyed seeing him driving down the block waving. He was a very visible presence that will be void now. Please pray for his wife as she adjusts to being a widow. They were together a long time and she loved him very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please give her our condolences. She is lucky to have you for neighbors and maybe the reason you weren't supposed to go to KC this year....
Mom

Anonymous said...

I will....she is a great friend. I am glad we are still here. I was just over visiting with them and he was mentaly fine. I think that makes it harder, when the body gives out while the mind is still strong.