Friday, September 26, 2008

Beautiful Day!

Well, Gerrick beat ya, Joe. He has practically the same injury, only he is having surgery on Tuesday. Ya, this Tuesday. He went to his appointment alone today, first mistake on my part. The doctor told him he had to have surgery, and so he said yes, please, asap! So, 3 weeks in a sling, 6 weeks out of work, and a lifetime of hell from me. Not only do I have class that day, I have promised to take my widowed neighbor to her mammogram appointment..........oh, and I have the two little ones with no daycare. I am not complaining, but it would have been better to have a little notice. I have never been one for surprises!!! Please pray for the doctors, Gerrick, and our hectic schedule. I know that Gerrick is really getting nervous about his job. They keep taking more money, and more money from him. I just hope this doesn't compound things.

On a lighter note, my classes are going great. I got the highest grade on the first test in my Religions of the East class. It was hard, and all the other people in the class were complaining big time. I was happy to see that all the studying helped! I was the center point of the before-class dialogue the next day.........................I don't remember the last time I was the "smart" one in the class.

The kids have been doing well as well. Shae is in her "college" class every Thursday and loving it. Keghan has been reading like mad! She has been reading for at least 20 minutes a night and is finishing chapter books in a matter of days!!! That is really an answer to my prayers! I think that reading is SO important, and for some reason she hated it. Braydon is rocking the spell tests! He has been coming right home and doing his practice every night, he even tried to practice on a Friday after the test!! Dax and Reagan have been listening to me reading them a chapter book every night. It is the Crystal Skull story from Indiana Jones. They love it. If I miss a night they get mad!!

Tonight is Shaelynn's overnighter! I think there are around 8 girls coming! YIKES! If they are all like Shae we are in for it! They are making their own pizzas, Shae's idea, and decorating a purse to take home! We have 3 movies and some snacks ready to go! I think it will be fun!!!

Hope everyone gets to get out and enjoy the weather today, it is beautiful!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's better for Gerrick to get this taken care of - you'd feel the same if it was your pain. The kids practically take care of themselves - I can't make it there on Tues - mandatory meeting. I can help other days as needed. Prayer worked for Keghan's reading, shouldn't it work for your problems? Just a thought....
Mom

Our Simple Life said...

I know, I know. Just wanted to have a little say in it. He just makes choices that affect me without talking to me. I always feel like I am just an afterthought!

Joe Carney said...

If his hurts that much and that often, it's worse/different than mine. Mine only hurts when I move it wrong and I'm really just getting it fixed for selfish reasons (playing catch and softball). Sure, there's pain, but I could live with it if I had to. I hope everything goes well. Let us know if you need anything.

Our Simple Life said...

His is a combo; the slap tear, the labrium it's self, and a bruised rotater cuff. He also has a slipped disc in his neck area, but that is just going to require some physical therapy. He isn't looking forward to the recovery time, but the doc says it won't get better without it.

Our Simple Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Simple Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Simple Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.