Well, we got through the night. Barely, but we got through it! Gerrick was having no relief from pain. His medication was not helping, but it was giving him an upset stomach. He thought he was going to throw up a lot, but never did. The machine that was icing his arm needed to be filled every four hours, he needed medication ever six, and his position was needing re-adjusting almost hourly. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep! I heard him several times get up and walk around, but he doesn't remember! This morning we called his surgeon for some new, stronger, medication. We called at 8a.m., and were finally called back around 2! They said they would call a prescription in, but it didn't get there until after 3:30! This whole time Gerrick was in a great deal of pain. Luckily his new pills are in his system and he was able to eat and not feel like puking today! I even talked him into letting me give him a sponge bath and a change of clothes. I cut a wife-beater to slide under his sling and ice machine, and he is much more comfortable!!! It has been 20 minutes and I haven't even heard him yell for me!!!
On a different subject, PLEASE!! Shae got a letter today from school that said she passed the test for the accelerated learning program, Prime Time, at Erskine. This is her third time making it in! We are very proud of her. Braydon had another perfect spelling test this week, as well. Keghan is going to the Ammana Colonies for lunch tomorrow for a field trip! They are eating a real German meal! She is so excited! Dax, another story all together, yelled "holy shit" on the church playground tonight. THAT would be my kid!!! He knew he was in trouble right away! But, I guess he's advanced in his own little way! Reagan is getting sicker. Tonight she just stayed with me at church instead of going to her preschool class. Her cheeks are all red and her little nose won't stop snotting! I just hope it doesn't get worse!
Hope that everyone is doing well. I know that we will try to get up to see some people this weekend or next. Gerrick is going stir crazy and would love something to do!!!
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If you guys are bored, you might be able to test-drive some cars for me at some CR dealerships! Wouldn't that be fun? I'm having no luck up here. I'm setting a Saturday deadline or buying a horse. Glad to hear you all are doing well.
What are you looking for? I am really good at cruising the lots, and Gerrick iskk looking for a reason to leave the house!!! I know a few good dealers here.
ha to Dax...I can totally see one of my kids hollering that out one day!
Abby
Post a Comment