Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bad Weather

Well, today was rough. Because of the rain last night I woke up with children all around me. The only one who sleeps in her bed all night it Shaelynn. Although, if you ask her, she never sleeps! So, needless to say, I have a sore back and no sleep! I was supposed to go to a meeting at work today. I got there 10 minutes early to see the girl that was supposed to watch the kids while I went, and she never came! She is one of the girls I work with and had said she would be there. I left, oh well. If they really wanted me to be there they will let me know.
On my way home we drove right through a funnel cloud. Anyone who knows me knows that I have an unrealistic fear of tornados. So, I drove 90 mph to get through it and home. I was listening to the radio and knew that if I just got further north I would be out of it. It was strange to see pitch black on one side of the van and perfectly sunny on the other! In the end of it, I was just glad to get the rain. My garden needed it, and I am sure the farmers needed it more!
I have a correction to make. Gerrick had told me his Grandma is 94, but she is almost 96!!! She is really amazing! I hope when I am old people will think I was 1/2 of what she is. She really has the respect and love of everyone who knows her.
I am heading out to the Res. tomorrow. I am taking the kids for a picnic and fun. Two of my girlfriends are joining us for a while. Hopefully I will get some good pics of the kids, they love being outside!!!
Have a great night!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute picture!!! they are all smiling...garden looking good so far? growing onions this year? you know i will steal some if you are :)

Our Simple Life said...

I planted onions, but I think they were bad. Not a lot are coming up. But, I will definately get you some! I have jalepenos for Joe!