Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Getting Closer

We are closer to finishing the girls' room. There are still a few things I want to buy, but I will do that gradually with my tip money. They want the tool canopy things that go over their beds and a pretty lamp. Not unreasonable requests! My back and arm are killing me from painting. The walls took 2 coats, and the bed took 4!! I spray painted the metal dresser that I had painted black for me when I was a angry teenager. Now it is white, and looks pretty good.
That is all I have been doing the last few days. I haven't even done the laundry in 36 hours. The house could come to a stand-still if I don't start doing the day-to-day things again.
I am going to take the kids to the pool today. I think they need the running again. They played outside all day yesterday, but they said it was too hot. I was under the impression that it was going to be mild and rainy, so I didn't even plan on the pool. Today it will probably rain because I am planning on the pool!!
I will hopefully post some pics tonight of the room. It is really looking nice!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like your arm and back now match your sore knees!!! you should feel pretty good these days... HAHA!!!

Sonja

Our Simple Life said...

I am very old, and I am OK with that!!!!