Friday, July 07, 2006

Shaelynn's Bug Story

A day or two ago Shaelynn was playing outside with Keghan while I was doing dishes. Out of the blue I heard a blood curdling scream! I quickly ran out the back door to see what the problem was. I saw Keghan and Shaelynn running in fear from the front to the back yard. When Shaelynn turned around she was tear streaked and still crying. I was very worried, but obviously they were physically fine. I asked what had happened, thinking a stranger had approached them, or they saw a big dog. Shaelynn explained that she was picking up rocks for her ever growing rock collection. One of the rocks that she picked up was not a rock at all. In her words, "I picked up a rock THIS BIG (about the size of a small mouse!!) and it said HISSSSSSS!!!" In Keghans explanation it was only the size of a quarter, but it probably looks bigger in your own hands! Needless to say, Shae is more picky about the rocks she picks up for her collection!

1 comment:

Big Hawkeye Fans! said...

Cute! Glad that neither of them were hurt. I just hate those blood curdling screams!