Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What Fun!

What fun we are having!! Yesterday morning in the rain there was a young bird learning to fly. It's mom was watching from a nearby branch as it sat on our front porch. The kids were ready to bring it in and put it in a shoe box for a pet. When Gerrick went to get in his car, the mother dive bombed him. So, we figured we would leave it alone. The kids watched and waited as the cold little bird rustled up the courage to jump from it's perch. It finally did, and the kids all cheered. It was exciting to see it get the confidence.
After a lunch of Jordan's choosing, we went to the pool all day. I thought we would go to the Children's Museum, but it cleared up and was beautiful!!! I saw the 7 day forecast and figured we better not pass up a good day at the pool. Worst thing that could happen is we go to the Museum on a different nice day. I was afraid we would waste the only nice day inside, and that would suck!
We had a great time at the pool. Jordan told me that his pool has go-carts and every food you ever could want. I told him I could put him in the walker and push him around in the parking lot, but apparently that's not the same! The kids had fun going down the water slides and playing in the sand. We were there for over 2 hours!
After the pool we went to the store to get stuff for dinner. The kids wanted to have shiskabobs. So, I cut up the veggies and let them make their own. The only catch, they had to have at least 3 different veggies. They did pretty well. Although Shae's was ALL tomatoes and mushrooms with one small green pepper. They ended up eating one of everything. Sarah, Jordan LOVES zucchini. For dessert they made some short cakes with strawberries and raspberries.
My children have a real problem with bed time. They have trouble shutting their mouths. Jordan lays right down on the pull-out and says nothing after "I love you, goodnight." My children, however, scream at each other, sword fight, talk about the day, scream at each other, jump on their beds, color, read, scream at each other, and drive me crazy!! I finally decided last night to just scream until I popped a blood vessel in my forehead (not really). I told Keghan to ignore Shae and Shae to shut-up. If Jordan can fall asleep around all that chaos, then Keghan call fall asleep with Shae babbling. Now, I know Jordan might have been talking if he wasn't alone, but I made him my poster child in regards to bed time. Up-side, I didn't have to go back in all night.
We got up today and tried the new omelet recipes that mom sent in an e-mail. The kids loved making their own, and they tasted really good. I will definitely be doing them every Saturday. The bad part is my kids each hogged down a 3 egg omelet. So, without Gerrick eating we went through 1 1/2 dozen eggs!! But I should expect that with a HUGE family!!
Well, time to finally clean up breakfast. As I wrote this I; broke up two fights, folded 2 loads of laundry, started a load of laundry, changed a diaper, went potty, rescued the baby from the other kids, and started water for the dishes. I tell ya, that's multi-tasking!!!


unfortunately the web site is not letting me post a picture right now. I have LOTS of cute pictures, and am very disappointed! I will try again before we leave. SORRY!~!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls' room looks so great. Don't tell Jordan, but we are painting his bed & rearranging his room for when he gets back. Hopefully he'll like it because we hate it (Chicago Bears colors- he's a huge fan). Glad to hear he's being fairly good for you, that's all I really expect anymore. Feed him all the zuchini you like (however you spell that) because he WON'T be getting it at home! I'll give you guys a call tonight around 7:30'ish to say good night! Talk to you later, and have a great day!

Our Simple Life said...

We will hopefully be at a game. We have tickets to the Kernels, but it is raining, so we'll see!!

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»