Hello! What a wonderful day.
Last night we had our annual block party/neighborhood watch party. This year we had almost everyone there. Some of the ladies also brought their grandchildren so the kids had lots of playmates. They had a blast!!! Then after the party we all came to our house. The kids climbed the apple tree and picked a lot of apples. The lady across the street made me some apple sauce and brought it to me at lunch time. She is amazing!! Her husband is currently doing his residency at a hospital here in town. She has 3 kids, twin boys and an older girl. I told her she could have as many apples as she wanted because I no longer have time to do anything with them!!!
Today in church Gerrick was tricked into volunteering for WWFx2! That stands for "Wesleyan Worship and Family Fun". This year he will help teach a class. He thought he was volunteering for a video, but was trapped into a planning meeting. I was happy he will be helping because then I don't feel bad about doing the women's Bible study instead of the couples study. I really like the ladies, and don't want to leave!!!
We are just hanging out at home today. I have some homework to do, but mostly housework to catch up on! The laundry is taking over the basement!!
I have a busy first full week. Not only school, but working at night as well. My boss gave me last week off, and that was good!! Now I am back to seeing Gerrick 4 hours a week! Oh well, we are used to it.
Time to switch the laundry.....again....and.....again.
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a great neighborhood. Cherish it!
Post a Comment