Thursday, August 10, 2006

Long Time No See

Well, long time no see! I have had a really busy week. Monday night I went and bought all the school supplies. That was NO FUN!! The lists they give you are so specific and the stores don't carry exactly what they demand. One example: both girls needed 2 boxes of 24 crayons. Wal Mart only had 8, 16, and 48 count boxes!!! So, they got one 48 box and the teacher can do with it what she wants! They also needed several one subject wide ruled notebooks. ALL the notebooks at Wal Mart were college ruled. So, after looking and looking I finally found ONE pack of single subject wide ruled notebooks. How frustrating!
Tuesday morning I went to brunch with the neighbor ladies. It was with the Christian Women Club. I have to say, I had a good time. I was the only one it the room without Grandchildren, but it was still fun! There was a master gardner who talked on perennials and we had a speaker from the group share her testimony. She was also a breast cancer survivor. It was really neat.
Yesterday it was rainy and yucky in the morning. We sat around and veged out for a while. Then we got some cleaning and laundry done. I know that is the kids favorite thing!! Then we baked some cookies. I am going to be 300lb if we continue to bake cookies when we get bored!!! After dinner the pastor's wife called and wanted to know if we would be around. They were on a walk and wanted to walk by. So, we sat outside and visited a while. They have 2 kids that are Shae and Braydon's ages and one a little older than Keghan. They played in and out of the house and we ate the cookies. After they left I took some cookies to the neighbors and called it a night. BUT, Gerrick had other ideas. He had set up the Stotser Salon. This meant I had at least 3 hair cuts to give before I could go to bed! I did them fast and got into bed with a glass of wine and a book, but then I couldn't read because I was so tires so I settled for the t.v. I finally fell asleep around 12 and Reagan was back up at 2. She has been up a lot at night. I think she is getting teeth and has a bad diaper rash, so every time she pees she is uncomfortable. Last night she just sat there by me and babbled. She was saying "mama, naaaanaaa, Daaadaaa, phtttt". That is a loose translation, but really close!
Today we are continuing in the laundry and house work. The kids have planned to make masks with the craft supplies if it is still rainy. Keghan also has been reading 3 books and doing 4 math sheets a day. It will get her brain plugged back in!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Vonice said...

Okay - I bought a bunch of wide ruled spiral notebooks last year very cheaply at Walmart because I knew someone would need them! I will send them along with the 3 stuffed tigers we have been holding for ransom with Joe and Abby this weekend. My bargains do pay off once and a while.

Our Simple Life said...

Thank you, you are always finding the good ones!