Well, I had a pretty good night at work. It is, of course, the Iowa/Iowa State football game weekend. So, we were pretty busy. On top of that we had the big-shot owners in. They are really nice, but my bosses freak out and want everything perfect!! So, they made me serve them!! They tipped me fat, so I was happy! The night went fast and I am happy to be home early.
Tomorrow I am getting the house ready for guests. I have the day to do that, and then I have to go back to work in the evening. Hoping for another night worth my time!
Today was pretty good. I had the two tests, and they went fine. I think I got A's on both of them. It is amazing how I over study. The tests are so general and the questions so leading!! I stress for no reason. But, on my way home with the kids from day care, the van quit. Well, that's not entirely true. All the electrical devises quit. I couldn't roll my windows up or down, the air conditioner was blowing HOT air, and the radio was "flickering" when I tried to mess with anything. I also didn't have turn signals, and I assume, break lights. So, there I was 2 miles from home thinking I would have to walk the kids. Then I noticed if I kept the peddle just down a little then the car would continue to go. I was only going around 10mph (I couldn't tell because the gas gage and speedometer weren't working) but I was going. So, I got on the side roads and made it home. When I got in the driveway and turned the car off THEN it died. I tried to restart it and got the sound it makes when the battery is dead. I am thinking it is the alternator, but something definitely with the electrical parts. Gerrick is going to spend tomorrow looking at that. He should be a joy to be around. I told him that as I was praying to make it home, that it was definitely prayer and God that got me here!! That car should still be sitting down by the cemetery on 8th!!! So, at least we only have to fix it, not tow it and fix it!!!
Time to go to bed. I am tired, and a long day is looming over me! See some of you Sunday, the rest enjoy the great weather!!!
Friday, September 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is kind of weird, but the other day I got the urge to pray for your vehicles! I prayed to keep them and you safe but I forgot to pray for them not to break down specifically. Hope it is easily fixed. Maybe it is just a bad battery cable.
Post a Comment