Hello! Wow, fall hit hard this week! We went from warm and sunny to cold and windy in one day! It caught me a little off guard! I like fall, but it seems like every year it gets shorter and shorter!
We have been busy this week. Gerrick took his vacation before they took it away for the year. Unfortunately the woman who is filling in isn't really making it possible to be completely away from work. We have been interrupted a few times, but it's not that bad. We went yesterday to apply at Iowa. It looks like I will be a Hawkeye by next fall. I am going to take a few more classes at Kirkwood next semester to avoid applying into the Bachelor of Science program and then I can go right into the Nursing Program. The advisor I talked to was really impressed with my academic accomplishments and was sure I would have no problem getting into the very competitive program. It will still be a few years before I am done, but at least at Iowa I know I will be on the right track and helped by an advisor to make the most of my time and money. At Kirkwood I was not allowed to have an advisor and never directed in my major or classes I would need to graduate other than one slip of paper I got my first day! Also, classes are filled based more on GPA than first come first serve, so I know I won't be waiting for a spot in a class while some dummy takes it three times, and fails each time. If you don't cut it, you're out! I am really excited to get back in classes and back on the path to being a productive part of this world!!!!!
The kids are doing great! We had Braydon's first conference tonight and it went well. He is really excelling in all the academic areas, and yes, even in kindergarten the academics and very extensive! The teacher was very positive about his success and future as a student. I was very proud of the little nerd!!!!! I even took him shopping for a decptacon, which I still don't know what it is. Apparently it is the "bad" transformer that does bad things that the "christian" autobots would never do! I don't know where he got the notion that autobots are Christians, but I love it!
Keghan and Shaelynn and really doing great as well. I am sure some of you have received some calls from them! They got a new cell phone and like to use it! So, if you get a random call, it's them! They are really cute with it, too. They like to call home right after school so that all their friends can see them!
The girls are also busy getting ready for their Christmas play. They both have speaking parts this year, and I couldn't be prouder! They practice every Wednesday and they really enjoy it! I will get the date of the play out for everyone in case you wanna come, it is always cute!!!
Dax has really been loving his dad home this week. He has gotten to eat out 3 out of the 3 days! We went to the Old Capitol Mall for sushi on Tuesday and he liked it, but wanted something else, so I got him a soft shell taco. He ate it, looked at me and said, "Mom, I really liked that wrap! It made my tummy happy!" What 3 year old calls a taco a wrap? Oh, yeah, my kids! I hope kids don't beat them up for not knowing what fast food is all about!!! He is excited to hang out with Daddy and go kill things! They are hunting together and Dax says he like to hunt because he likes animals......a little weird, but I get it!!
Reagan also had a great couple of weeks. She is sleeping without a diaper at night and hasn't had any problems. She is talking constantly and about the funniest things! She, of course, likes to follow me around doing everything I do! She has started insisting that her hair is blow dried and that she has lip gloss on everyday! I think it is priceless, Gerrick disagrees! She had a doctors appointment a few weeks ago and the doctor said she is extremely advanced in speech and other developmental milestones. He was really impressed with her use of language! It really makes it easier to deal with Dax's speech problems! I know now that it wasn't me, he was just slower! Anyway, I am now convinced she is a genius, so watch out world! LOL!
Well, hope everyone is doing well. I will try to get to CF this weekend to see everyone and take Jordan's coat to him. Love to all!
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear you are signed up for classes. It makes a mother proud. It really pays to do your best and you are doing your best. I'm very proud of you.
Mom
Post a Comment