I am sunburned....from the SUN!!!!
Today was GREAT! I woke up early and made the kids french toast and bacon for breakfast. Shaelynn and Dax ate 5 pieces of french toast each!!! Then, while the girls did the dishes and the boys cleaned up the blankets from sleeping in the living room, Gerrick and I went on our Saturday morning date. We went to the half-priced-book store and to the new Christian Book store in town. It is huge, and well worth going to!!! We came home with a lot of new books, and even one for the kids!!!
We quickly packed a big picnic lunch and headed out on our bikes! As soon as we sat down to eat Dax said he had to use the restroom. Well, the potties aren't open yet for the season, so I told Gerrick to just take him behind a far tree and let him pee. He called me white trash and said he would rather ride the 8 blocks home to let him go there. Well, as I predicted, as soon as he and Dax were ready to go everyone had to pee!!! So, we quickly finished lunch to leave. But, as one by one they finished their lunches, they ran off and played in the park and forgot about the potty issue. I am sure Dax brought it up purely because he knows the potties are closed because we have been up their quite a bit while I run. So, they played for about half an hour, and we left. We stopped back home to drop off the picnic stuff.....and use the bathroom!!! We rode the neighborhood for a while, and Reagan fell asleep. Then we decided to get in the car and find a nice trail to walk. Reagan was still sleeping in the car, and apparently very deeply. She peed her pants! I can't remember the last time she did that, and of course we had no change of clothes for her...... So, in my infinite white trash wisdom, I asked who would like to give their underwear to Reagan to wear so she would at least have something on in the stroller (which is completely covered)!!!! Braydon jumped at the chance to go "commando". So, he gave her his draws and we continued the day. We walked almost 3 miles on the Sac and Fox trails. They were still pretty brown, but the sun got through the trees enough to give me quite the sunburn!!! The kids were pooped and all riding in the jogging stroller or on mom or dad's backs by the last 1/2 mile. Reagan had to pee, AGAIN, and this time Gerrick just let her sit on the long arm of the jogging stroller and let it go. How white trash!
The kids are all in bed and have been asleep since before 8!!!! I love this weather...nothing like tiring out the kids to make my Saturday night!!!!
P.S. JOE AND ABBY----I hope this blog does not discourage you from trusting us with your precious children next weekend. I usually don't make my kids wear their underwear (or their brothers') in the woods, nor do I encourage public urination.......I swear I am a good role model and will take great care of your babies! =-)
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment