Thursday, May 01, 2008
Job
Just another really quick post. Gerrick is one of the 3 finalist for the job. He meets with the President of Sysco Iowa on Monday. He is really nervous, but even if he doesn't get it this is still a chance to show that he is looking to bigger things than street sales! I know he will do well in presenting himself, but pray anyway!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Some comments I just read a few days ago...
Have you noticed that the idea of being at peace becomes more appealing as one ages? One thing personal peace means for me is to practice gratitude right now, in this moment I'm living in.
Constant mental striving to get to some elusive future situation I think will be better than this moment is a mental rat hole for me. That constant discontent and unrelenting effort to get to something better might be what the Bible speaks of when it says, "Thou shalt not covet..."
On the positive side, I have known some real moments of peace even in the last tired hour of work just by looking around me and appreciating the people I am with (who are also tired), and remembering that this is the life I've chosen, and God helped me to come to this place, to these people.
I like you all to think about ways you can put Isaiah 26:3 into practice "Thou doest keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusts in thee."
I don't want you to think that Gerrick shouldn't strive for the job,just keep perspective. We want him to get the job, but keeping his focus is much more important.
In prayer, Mom
p.s.I can't talk - have laryngitis! It really sucks!
Post a Comment