Monday, May 05, 2008

Keep praying

Well, Gerrick is back from his interview. He said it went well, but the feeling he got was that they had already made up their minds, and it's not for him. We are still praying, but if it isn't for him, that's fine!

Thank you all for your prayers, and please continue! We really appreciate all the encouragement. This week has already been full of discouraging news, we just don't want it to continue!!!

This weekend was great. It was Gerrick's birthday and the kids and I bought him his fishing license so that we could go out and fish. We didn't plan on catching any fish because of the flood, but it is just fun to go out!!! The kids were running around after the geese for a while while Gerrick got the poles ready. One goose reportedly told Shae that there was a big fish in a specific spot. She set up camp there and soon enough had a 14" Croppie. She was so proud. I told her to ask the geese where the rest were, but she said they didn't see any. She was right (I mean, the geese were right). I caught one little blue gill, but the rest of the day was just a dress rehearsal for the real trip! The kids had fun, and are all finally able to cast on their own. Of course, Rae doesn't have line on her pole, so that makes her casts very accurate!!! I will get the pic of the fish on tonight....right now I am going to fun my 5 miles!

No comments: