Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Rainbow??

Today was delightfully nice. I got up early and went to help out at the day care that I used to take the kids to. She paid me very well, and even brought her car over for me to use while I am working for her. I also got to ask her to if she had room for the little ones during the day, and she did!!! THEN, Gerrick went to call on the car that has been in the shop (at $10 a day), the guy on the phone said that someone from our church had already paid for it and has the keys!! Just when I thought I had only seen the worst of people in the world, I get to see the best! I cried! THEN, at church tonight several people came up to me to see if everything was ok, and to offer help in any way. One gal, who was with me on the trip to Parkersburg in the spring, gave us three bottles of laundry detergent and some fabric softener! I was down to using the free samples that Gerrick has for work.....thank the Lord for my church and family!

We are still staring down a large utility bill, but I have a strange peace about it. I know that all will be fine. Tonight in my 4th and 5th grade girls group that I lead at church, a girl told me that sometimes things get worse before they get better. She used an analogy of the road in front of her house, she said that it had gotten lots of pot holes and was VERY bumpy, but to fix it and make it smooth again they had to tear the whole road out, making a bigger mess first! WHOA!!! Never have I heard such truth from a tiny little girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the innocence and faith of youth!
Mom

Joe Carney said...

SOOOOOOOO glad to hear everything is going better for you. We had a pretty rotten day here, but it really pales in comparison to what you are going through. Hopefully good things keep coming your way.

Our Simple Life said...

Hope you guys are ok, Joe. And things are still looking up.