Today was a real roller coaster!! I had received a job offer from Kohl's yesterday, but it was only $7.50 an hour! So, I still had another job interview today for Cedar Rapids Country Club and I went. I was amazed at how beautiful the grounds were. The restaurant it's self was amazing, but as I was taken around to the other areas of the club I was in awe. They are willing to start me out at $8 an hour, which is standard for them. However, the gentleman who hired me is going to see about starting me at $8.50. After my initial training I will still receive that, plus a 8% sales incentive. Again, he wanted to start me at 10%, but either way he thinks I will move up the pay scale quickly. The only down fall of the job is that it is days and nights, well.....both really. I will work lunch and dinner every day except Wednesdays and Sundays. I know it will be a lot, and will probably cut back after Christmas, but right now I can't turn away money! I was really excited about the job, until I came home. Gerrick had been calling to see why our flexible spending account card had been completely shut off (leaving us no way to pay for his physical therapy) and found out, from the card company, that he had been terminated! NICE! Well, his employer said that wasn't true, but we still have no access to the card. So, my good news was really overshadowed by the bad. Gerrick has to cancel his therapy and doctors appointments until it is all figured out.
I am really starting to think that his company is ruled by demons!! I asked him last night, when we found out about the card problem, to call the leader of the ethics committee. He told me the ethics board leader is the LAWYER that he has been dealing with!! Isn't that a little paradoxical to have a lawyer as the head of the ethics board?!?!?!?!? I tell ya, this company is a little backwards to me right now!
Well, I need to get back to my classes. I have to really keep on track now, with the job and the family responsibilities!! It might kill me, but if it doesn't it will definitely make me stronger!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment