Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend......

Well, another weekend that just flew by. The boys spent theirs at Grammie's and loved it!! They bought Halloween costumes and toys, she spoils those kids!! We spent Friday driving around putting in more applications. We had a "girl" movie night....some silly girl movie in my bed so I could fall asleep!! The girls love when the boys are gone and we don't have to get a gender neutral movie! Then on Saturday I went alone to put in a few more apps. I am really tired of all that!!! Then in the afternoon we went to the wedding. It was really nice. The pastor was really telling them the truth about marriage. I am sure ours did, too, but when you are at the alter you just think it will never happen to you, after all, you are soul mates! LOL! It was nice, anyway. Reagan kept asking, "Is this the wedding yet? Where's the cake?". We left the reception early in order to be at the church in time for the chili cook off. There was a chili made from turtle, one with deer meat, and lots of others!! Our chili won kids' choice, which I think is appropriate! Then we watched a movie, The Second Chance. It was a great movie! I highly recommend it, although there is a little "language". We left the church around 9:30pm and were back twelve hours later for Sunday school! Everyone was pretty tired, so we just sat around and discussed marriage, raising kids, and how no one ever tells you the truth about either!!! I was relieved to hear I wasn't the only one in our church to spank, or feel like some days I just want to run away and not leave a forwarding address!! It was funny!

Anyway, nothing new to report on Gerrick. No check yet, but we are still alive and have all our utilities still turned on. We have food in our fridge, although our freezers are looking bare! The kids have fall clothes to get them through and the van still has half a tank of gas. We are above water, but barely!

No comments: