Saturday, June 17, 2006

Insomnia

Here I am at 4 a.m. unable to sleep. I spend a lot of the early morning hours awake in my bed staring at the ceiling listening to Gerrick snore. Sometimes I get up and walk around, start a load of laundry, or watch T.V. I would really like to find a way to sleep through the night!
I have had some major pain on my knees due to crappy running shoes. Today I took some Aleve. I looked all over the internet to see if it is safe for nursing moms. I can't find anything. All I find is that it is not safe during pregnancy. Anyway, I will stick to acetametaphin from now on, but Aleve seems to work so much better. Does anyone know the affects on the milk.
In my research for Aleve, I found they have a new test for alcohol in the milk. For $20 you get 6 tests. I usually just wait until the next day anyway. The lactation consultant at the hospital said one or two beers was fine, but to wait until the next day if you have had more. The doctors told me I would not be able to nurse after my surgery because of the morphine, but the lactation experts had the baby on the boob before I remembered my name!!! It is amazing what the body filters out for the babe!
I really want to sleep, but I don't feel that will happen. So, I am going to go put a load of laundry in so my work clothes are ready for tonight. I HATE working Saturdays!
Have a great morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask you if you had good running shoes. You may want to check out Ebay. If you're going to run, you need good shoes. Trust me on that one!
Gerrick and you aren't losers - you got a free night out! He's just starting with this company and he'll have a lot more chances. Tom didn't win anything his first few years with Midwest but then we got 5 great trips out of it. Hang in there. It's coming.
Mom